I feel amazing right now. I am twenty years old. I am F#&KING TWENTY years old!
Bye bye teenage years, and hello 20s!
On the occasion of my birthday, I would like to share with you 20 things that I have learned in these 20 years of living, learning, failing, growing, and smiling. These are not the only things I learned, but they sure are some of the most important ones.
Go through each of these points; they are short but are profound. I bet you will resonate with at least five.
- Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
- Be in a relationship with a man/woman you love to talk to. As you get older, their conversational skills will be as important as any other.
- When you say, “I love you,” mean it.
- When you say, “I’m sorry,” look the person in the eye.
- Believe in love at first sight.
- Invest in yourself. It is the most important investment you will ever make.
- Your dreams are your responsibility. You are responsible to make it happen.
- Never laugh at anyone’s dreams. People who don’t have dreams don’t have much.
- Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt but it’s the only way to live life completely.
- In disagreements, fight fairly. Please No name calling.
- Appreciate and be grateful for small things in your life.
- Talk slowly but think quickly.
- When someone asks you a question you don’t want to answer, smile and ask, “Why do you want to know?”
- Remember that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
- When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.
- Remember the three R’s:
Respect for self;
Respect for others;
Responsibility for all your actions.
- Don’t let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
- When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
- Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear it in your voice.
- Spend some time alone.
- Go for a walk in nature often. It makes you feel alive.
- Savor your food. Don’t watch TV or use mobile while you eat.
- Hug a friend everyday. Thank them for being a part of your life.
- Write in your journal. Write down about your day in great detail.
- JBN (Just Be Nice)
- Avoiding unhappiness is not the path to happiness. Happiness comes from being conscious of the present moment, not worrying about the future or resenting the past.
- Simplify. If you want something, take it. If you love someone, say it. Your time here is limited.
- Do what you love, and do it often.
- Don’t stress about life so much. Everything is going to be OK.
Hope you liked this post. If you did, do give it a thumbs up and share it to your friends. It would be a great gift for me 😀